In this episode, host Zeze Oriaikhi-Sao sits down with Sharmaine Aderemi, a Nigerian fashion industry professional. Sharmaine shares her journey of starting a career in the fashion industry, her significant contributions to it, and her remarkable work in integrating African talent with fashion.
Sharmaine, a Nigerian born and raised in London, had a life-changing experience when she was sent to boarding school in Benin, Nigeria. Despite initial challenges, the move ignited her passion for fashion, leading her to study Fashion Management at The London College of Fashion.
Sharmaine takes us on a captivating journey, from her humble beginnings as a receptionist in the fashion industry to becoming a Talent Director. She shares the ups and downs and the unique challenges she faced, such as starting her own business, Twenty4 Luxe, while working a 9-to-5 job and navigating the complexities of the African fashion industry.
Along her path, Sharmaine became a mother at a young age, defying societal narratives that often limit young parents. Her career is a testament to her authenticity, inspiration, and support for others in pursuing their dreams.
Sharmaine has made an indelible mark in the fashion industry and continues to excel. Throughout the episode, she demonstrates the power of being open, honest, and maintaining a good sense of humour. Her inspiring story encourages listeners to embrace their true selves, regardless of others’ opinions.
Tune in to this beautiful and amazing episode that will inspire you to be unapologetically yourself, no matter what others may say. Sharmaine’s journey is a testament to resilience, passion, and the pursuit of dreams.
About Sharmaine Aderemi
Sharmaine Aderemi has joined Premier Model Management as Talent Director and previously was a Brand & Talent Manager at Storm Management. Sharmaine has over 17 years of experience in the industry, developing brands, talent collaborations, licensing across fashion, beauty and lifestyle.
Some of the clients include Acne, Buckingham Palace, Burberry, Calvin Klien, Celine, Gina, Karl Lagerfeld, Swarovski, Charlotte Olympia, and many more.
In her role at Premier Artists, Sharmaine brings her expertise to strategically sign talent within music, lifestyle and sports as well as developing and implementing strong brand partnerships for various Premier Talent.
- 🎙️ Welcome Sharmaine Aderemi to Third Culture Africans!: (00:00:00)
- 🌍 Embracing Unexpected Change: From England to a Nigerian School (00:03:08)
- 🏫 Thriving in Nigerian Boarding Schools: Lessons and Growth (00:09:08)
- 👩👦👦 Balancing Motherhood and Career: A Journey of Strength (00:13:33)
- 📞 The Receptionist’s Path: Sharmaine’s Bold Career Choice (00:20:06)
- 🌍 Impacting African Fashion: Sharmaine’s Early Ventures (00:23:00)
- 👩🏾💼 Breaking Barriers: Challenges and Triumphs in Luxury Fashion (00:34:37)
- 🚀 Entrepreneurial Focus: Sharmaine’s Last 5 Years (00:38:10)
- ❤️ The Joy of the Job: Sharmaine’s Favourite Part (00:41:22)
- 🌟 Defining Success: Sharmaine’s Personal Perspective (00:46:10)
- 🤔 Dispelling Misconceptions: The Truth About Sharmaine’s Work (00:49:14)
- 🔮 Time Travel Reflection: Sharmaine’s Message to Her Past Self (00:52:13)
- 💪 The Power of Support: Sharmaine’s Key to Success (00:53:33)
Connect with Sharmaine Aderemi:
🙏 Thank you Malée Natural Science for the support: 🌿