In this episode, Zeze interviews Lydia Amoah, a multi-talented individual with a wide range of expertise, including being a wife, speaker, coach, consultant, author, innovator, activist, and leading authority on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Lydia shares her fascinating career journey, emphasising the value of every black consumer and sharing numerous anecdotal stories that showcase her fearless, inquisitive, and questioning attitude. Listeners will gain insights into how these experiences have shaped her success and contributed to her multifaceted accomplishments. One of the main reasons Lydia embarked on her journey was to empower individuals to recognize their worth and challenge narratives that shape their identity and future.
Inspired by Dr. Dennis Kimbro, she founded The Black Pound Report, a comprehensive exploration of the UK’s Black, Asian, and Multi-Ethnic consumer spending power, untapped potential, and profitability. This report has been instrumental in advancing the conversation on diversity and inclusion in business, providing valuable insights for institutions across the UK seeking to understand the black consumer.
Lydia’s career has been marked by learning from challenges and transforming negative incidents into positive outcomes. From demonstrating her leadership skills during a college project to showcasing her self-value during a job interview, she has consistently turned her experiences into opportunities for growth. Her honesty, coaching abilities, and effective communication skills also propelled her into managing and working with celebrities during her time in Italy.
This episode delves deeper into Lydia’s remarkable experiences and the attitudes that have contributed to her thriving career, making it a must-listen for anyone seeking inspiration.
”There is something out there that you can do to take yourself from where you are to the beginnings of where you would like to be” – Lydia Amoah
About Lydia Amoah:
Lydia is the founder of Backlight, the active voice, advisor and solution maker in the DEI world and the founder of The Black Pound Report.
She has worked with organisations including BBC, ITV, Channel 4, EY, the Financial Times and the Daily Telegraph on cultural workplace transformation projects.
- 🎉Welcome Lydia Amoah to Third Culture Africans!: (00:00:00)
- 💡 Unveiling the motivation behind The Black Pound Report: (00:01:01)
- 🚀 Evolving in the career journey: Lydia’s path to success: (00:12:05)
- 🌟 The rise of coaches on social media: Lydia’s perspective: (00:34:57)
- 🤔 Exploring the origins of the concept “black undervalue”: (00:48:51)
- 🌟 Defining success: (00:55:48)
- 🗝️ Keys to success: Lydia’s lessons and tools for the journey: (00:58:22)
- 📚 Memorable quotes that inspire: Lydia’s favourite gems: (01:03:31)
- ✨ Parting words of inspiration: (01:06:07)
Connect with Lydia Amoah:
- Linkedin – https://uk.linkedin.com/in/lydiaamoah
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lydiaamoah_official/
- Web – https://www.lydiaamoah.com/about
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/LydiaAmoah_
- The Black Pound Report – https://www.lydiaamoah.com/the-black-pound-report
Get in touch with Zeze: 📲💬 https://www.zezeonline.com/
Thank you Malée Natural Science for the support: 🙏🌿 https://maleeonline.com/