Welcome to Season 3 of Third Culture Africans! In our opening episode, host Zeze Oriaikhi-Sao sits down with British-Nigerian authors Ore Agbaje-Williams and Nancy Adimora. Through candid conversations, we explore their personal career paths and their commitment to enriching storytelling in the literary world.
Ore, a passionate writer and former Commissioning Editor at HarperWilliams Publishers UK, shares her journey into the publishing world and her anticipation for the release of her debut novel, “The Three of Us.”
Meanwhile, Nancy Adimora, founding editor of AFREADA and former Talent and Audience Development Manager at HarperCollins UK, discusses her lifelong interest in African storytelling and the impact it can have on a reader’s life.
Together, they share insights on a joint project, “Of This Our Country: Acclaimed Nigerian Writers on the Home, Identity and Culture They Know” that sheds light on perceptions of Nigeria from numerous acclaimed Nigerian authors.
Ore Agbaje-Williams new book: ”The Three of Us”: ORDER HERE – https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/451518/the-three-of-us-by-agbaje-williams-ore/9781787334083
Don’t miss out on this enriching conversation that sets the tone for our exciting new season. Tune in to Season 3, Episode 1 of Third Culture Africans to glean insights from Ore and Nancy’s unique perspectives on writing, publishing, and fostering cultural representation through their work.
Remember, your support is invaluable to us. If you find value in our content, please share this episode with your network. Engage with us on social media and let us know your thoughts. Every like, share, and comment helps us to continue creating content that matters to you.
Finally, if you haven’t already, don’t forget to subscribe to Third Culture Africans on your preferred podcast platform to stay updated on our latest episodes. We have an incredible line-up this season, and we wouldn’t want you to miss a single episode.
“Anyone can do this as long as your motivation is not money” Write what is authentic to you – Ore Agbaje-Williams
“When an old person dies a library is burning” – Think about yourself as a story, write it down and pass it on to the next generation – Nancy Adimora
- 🎙️ Welcome Ore & Nancy to Third Culture Africans!: (00:00:00)
- 📘 Of This Our Country: about project and how it came about: (00:02:33)
- 🌟 Nancy’s career journey: (00:07:44)
- 🔍 Experiences that have influenced Nancy into her actual career: (00:11:49)
- 🌍 What is AFREADA?: (00:16:20)
- 📚 Ore’s career trajectory and what inspired her into her actual career : (00:18:00)
- 💪 Growing within an industry that has some marginalization: (00:27:17)
- 📖 Misconception about their jobs: sit around and read all day: (00:31:45)
- 🖋️ How Ore crafts her own voice when not in her day job: (00:32:59)
- 👥 How Nancy helps people stay authentic and original: (00:35:53)
- 🔎 Last thing they both have searched on Google: (00:37:49)
- ✒️ Prerequisite to putting pen to paper?: (00:39:08)
- 🕰️ Ore and Nancy before and after the pandemic: (00:45:51)
- 🤝 What has helped them both along the way: (00:52:14)
“Of This Our Country: Acclaimed Nigerian Writers on the Home, Identity and Culture They Know” – https://harpercollins.co.uk/products/of-this-our-country-acclaimed-nigerian-writers-on-the-home-identity-and-culture-they-know?variant=39742106107982
Connect with Ore Agbaje-Williams:
- Linkedin – https://uk.linkedin.com/in/ore-agbaje-williams-23344011a
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/oreawilliams/?hl=en
- Web – https://www.instagram.com/oreawilliams/?hl=en
Connect with Nancy Adimora:
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/NancAdimora?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
- Linkedin – https://uk.linkedin.com/in/adimoranancy
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nanceo/?hl=en
- Personal Web – https://www.nancyadimora.com/bio